Dear RMS Bus Parents,
Welcome to the new school year at Yeshiva Toras Chaim Toras Emes. We hope you have had a restful and wonderful summer, and are ready for a successful school year!
Please carefully review the information below. By sending your son on the bus, you acknowledge these policies and procedures and will abide by them, as well as any others that the Yeshiva may implement during the school year.
The driver will be in touch with you before the start of the school year. He will inform you of the time your son should expect to be picked up and dropped off.
Students should be ready at their stop at least two minutes before their appointed pick-up time. Please make sure to remind your child to go straight to the van for afternoon departure.
Bus Policies and Procedures
- Any student with a temperature of 100.4 F or higher will not be permitted to board the bus or attend Yeshiva. Please monitor your children for symptoms. Masks on the bus are optional and not required.
- In the past, eating on the bus has caused an infestation of bugs as students left crumbs, empty wrappers and spilled drinks. We understand that students are riding the bus after a long day of school. Students are expected to dispose of any trash in the garbage can or bags on the bus when they are done eating/drinking. We do not want to be forced to ban any eating or drinking on the bus. If the bus is left in poor condition, we may have to re-assess this policy.
- Unruly behavior on the bus will not be tolerated. Students must be seated at all times, and must speak using an indoor voice. Students are expected to speak to each other and the bus driver with Derech Eretz.
- Any device, including a cell phone, that can connect to the internet in any way, or at any time in order to download material, cannot be used on the bus. Examples include, but are not limited to, smartphones, i-Pads, i-Pods, and DS’s.
- Electronic hand-held devices with no port for internet capability are permitted.
Non-compliance of any of the policies listed above may result in suspension or expulsion from riding the bus.
Please contact Mrs. Ahuva Stern with any questions or concerns at [email protected]