Welcome to the new school year at Yeshiva Toras Chaim Toras Emes. We hope you have had a restful and wonderful summer, and are ready for a successful school year!
Please carefully review the information below. By sending your children on the bus, you acknowledge these policies and procedures and will abide by them, as well as any others that the Yeshiva may implement during the school year.
You will be added to a WhatsApp chat where the route will be shared as well as the approximate time your son/daughter will be picked up in the morning. Monitors will also share their location (e.g. location of bus) via WhatsApp every day.
Monday-Thursday dismissal is at 4:00 PM. Friday dismissal is at 2:15 PM. Sunday dismissal is 12:00 PM. You will receive notification via WhatsApp as to the actual time of departure from school on a daily basis.
Bus Policies and Procedures
- Any child with a temperature of 100.4 F or higher will not be permitted to board the bus or attend Yeshiva. Please monitor your children for symptoms. Masks on the bus are optional and not required.
- Seating is separated by gender for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. Bus monitors will instruct students where to sit, and seating is subject to the discretion of the bus monitor.
- In the past, eating on the bus has caused an infestation of bugs as students left crumbs, empty wrappers and spilled drinks. We understand that students are riding the bus after a long day of school. Please convey to your children to dispose of any trash in the garbage can or bags on the bus when they are done eating/drinking. We do not want to be forced to ban any eating or drinking on the bus. If the bus is left in poor condition, we may have to re-assess this policy.
- Unruly behavior on the bus will not be tolerated. If the bus monitor needs to issue more than 3 warnings to parents regarding your child’s behavior, your child will be unable to ride the bus for the remainder of the school year. Students must be seated at all times, and must speak using an indoor voice. Students are expected to speak to each other, the bus driver and the bus monitor with Derech Eretz.
- Any device, including a cell phone, that can connect to the internet in any way, or at any time in order to download material, cannot be used on the bus. Examples include, but are not limited to, smartphones, i-Pads, i-Pods, and DS’s.
- Electronic hand-held devices with no port for internet capability are permitted.
Non-compliance of any of the policies listed above may result in suspension or expulsion from riding the bus.
Please contact Mrs. Ahuva Stern with any questions or concerns at [email protected]